Donnerstag, 12. August 2010

12 of 12 August 2010 - 12 von 12 August 2010

"12 of 12 August 2010"is a project initiated by Chad Darnell and I am taking part today.
To take part you have to take 12 photos of the 12th of the month and publish them with a link to Chad Darnell. Here are my 12 photos of August 12, 2010.

"12 of 12 August 2010"
heißt ein Projekt von Chad Darnell und ich mache heute mit.
Das heißt, man macht am 12. des Monats 12 Fotos und veröffentlicht sie mit einem link zu Chad Darnell. Hier sind meine 12 Fotos vom 12. August 2010.


This bracelet had been buried deep down in my jewellry box and I discovered it this morning. I always loved travelling and as a child I got this bracelet and everywhere I travelled I got another little pendant to remind me of the place I had been. Heidelberg is where I am from. This brought back many wonderful memories from my childhood and I decided to wear it all day today. This way the happy thoughts stayed with me all day.

Dieses Armband hatte sich ganz weit unten in meiner Schmuckschatulle versteckt - bis heute Morgen. Ich bin schon als Kind sehr gerne gereist und überall, wo wir waren bekam ich einen Anhänger für dieses Armband um nicht zu vergessen, wo ich schon überall gewesen bin. Heidelberg ist übrigens der Ort wo ich herkomme. Dieses Armband erinnerte mich an so Vieles aus meiner Kindheit und Jugend, dass ich beschloß, es den ganzen Tag zu tragen. So blieben die Erinnerungen wach und ich freute mich bis heute Abend daran.


Actually I more or less spent all day outside. It had been raining and everithing looked fresh and clear.

Eigentlich habe ich heute den ganzen Tag draußen verbracht. Weil es geregnet hatte, sah alles wunderbar frisch und Klar aus.


Recently I had bought some extension tubes for my Nifty-Fifty lens. And today was the perfect day to practice. Not yet what I would like to achieve but still nice I find.

Vor kurzem kaufte ich mir Verlängerungen für mein Nifty-Fifty Objektiv. Und heute war der perfekte Tag um damit zu üben. Das Ergebnis überzeugt mich noch nicht aber für den Anfang gefällt es mir ganz gut.


Tomatoes from our garden. They needed a good wash I felt.

Die Tomaten sind aus unserem Garten. Ich fand, sie hätten ein Bad nötig.


This week I taught watercolour painting and this is what I showed in the first class.

Diese Woche gab ich wieder Malunterricht und das zeigte ich im ersten Kurs.


Today I didn't need my hat because the sky stayed overcast all day. But no more rain luckily.

Heute brauchte ich meinen Sonnenhut nicht. Es war den ganzen Tag bewölkt und glücklicherweise regnete es nicht mehr.


Just a beautiful flower.

Einfach eine schöne Blume.


This is what we did in the second painting course.

Das malten wir im zwweiten Malkurs.



Doesn't this plant look vicious? It isn't really but my macro lens reveals things you wouldn't imagine. The flower itself is actually really tiny. And I am sorry that I don't know what it is called. It is a plant which just appears randomly in my garden without my help.

Sieht diese Planze nicht furchterregend aus? Sie ist es aber nicht wirklich. Mein Makroobjektiv zeigt mir Dinge, die ich mit bloßem Auge nicht erkennen würde. Die Blume selbst ist eigentlich winzig. Es tut mir leid, dass ich nicht weiß, wie sie heißt. Sie erscheint einfach ohne mein Zutun.


Today I finally did what I had wanted to do for the past two weeks. There is a sunflower field near our house and today I went there to take some pictures. I realized that there weren't only sunflowers but many different plants also. This is one of them. Again, no idea what it is called.

Heute habe ich endlich dasSonnenblumenfeld bei uns in der Nähe besucht. Es lachte mich schon seit zwei Wochen an und heute war es soweit. Dabei stellte ich fest, dass auf diesem Feld noch viele andere Pflanzen wuchsen. Diese hier zum Beispiel. Und wieder weiß ich nicht, wie sie heißt.


One of the stars of the sunflower field.

Eine der Hauptdarstellerinnen im Sonnenblumenfeld.



And the field itself. This month I didn't show you any personal pictures. It seems as if I really was outside all day. Maybe next month. I will try I promise.

Und das Sonnenblumenfeld. Diesen Monat zeigte ich keine persönlichen Fotos. Es sieht tatsächlich so aus, als ob ich den ganzen Tag draußen war. Vielleicht nächsten Monat. I verspreche daran zu denken.

11 Kommentare:

  1. Great 12 of 12 photos. I was going to tell you which ones I love the best but I really love all of them If I had to pick one or two that I like better than the others and mind you this is very difficult. I would say I love the spider web/water droplets the tomatoes and the sunflowers the best. Thanks so much for sharing your day and I look forward to next months photos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. diese behaart-lila-mikropflanze sieht ja wirklich furchterregend aus!!! wunderschöne motive zaubert dein objektiv. bei uns auf der insel ist wieder seit längerer zeit sehr passables wetter, mal ein paar stunden trüb, viel sonnenschein und zu wenig regen für die schrumpfenden hanging baskets.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. schöne bilder :-)
    bin gespannt, was dein göttergatte zu dem ehe-spruch sagt ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. AMAZING photos! So many beauties, I could not pick a favorite.

    Thank you for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your pictures are amazing!!
    So beautiful. I guess you are satisfied with your new lens!
    Thank you for sharing them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love your pictures. We dont even have one ripe tomatoe yet!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Guten Tag Christa!!
    my german is beyond rusty, so, indulge me here...
    ;)~
    you have quite a lovely set of pictures. i can't help you with the names of flowers, but just know they look splendid. even the tomatoes!!!
    :D~
    and i love how you mix the dry brush and the wash (lavis, in french, if i remember correctly?...) in your watercolors. i used to do watercolors, ages ago. my favorite medium back then. now, it's photoshop...
    don't laugh!!

    aufwiedersehen nach montreal!!
    HUGZ

    PS:
    german 101:
    was ist "Unterrichten"?
    i understood pretty much the rest but not this...
    please translate in french or english, not just a definition...in german!!!
    :D~

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. BTW:
    since you haven't seen my "12 of 12" but some other post, here it is:

    http://www.ticklebear4u.com/2010/08/ticklebears-12-of-12-august-2010.html

    :)~
    HUGZ

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. yes TICKLBEAR, you are quite right. I did see another post called "Blogging will be the end of me" because this is where I got sent through the link. Mysteries of the web universe. And not paying attention on my side. Sorry. Have seen it now.
    "Unterrichten" means teach. That's what I do. I teach how to paint watercolours. I am glad you liked my painting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. what is there not to like? they are so very well done!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Those are some beautiful photos - although I like all the flowers, I think the tomato one might be my favourite, it's colourful and unusual! I can't help much with the flower names, though I think the white one (after your hat photo) is cowslip parsley, but you would need to Google for a photo of it to be sure.

    (Sorry my comment is late - I was away visiting friends and only got my own 12 of 12 posted last night. I'm reading everyone else's 12s now!)

    AntwortenLöschen